La casa del Sonido By Emily

7/12/2020 cris 0 Comments

When I was younger, my mom used to keep a large sea shell in her room because she believed that it held all the sounds of the ocean, and I believed her, too, because upon putting the shell next to my ear I imagined that I heard the repeated crashing of the waves - something I now know was just the ambient noise of the room bouncing off all of the curved inner cavities of the shell I was holding. Nevertheless, the sea shell transported me, though it didn’t hold other sounds that come with the beach -- not only are the waves present, but also other beach goers talking and splashing, passing boats lapping at the water, seagulls crying overhead, wind constantly whistling, bugs buzzing, and so on and so forth. Paisajesensorial manages to capture all of these nuanced sounds that fade into insignificance because of their repetition in our daily lives, and give that sound a new voice in their radio program La Casa del Sonido, or “the House of Sound.” Presented by Jose Luis Carles and Cristina Palmese, La Casa del Sonido is a radio program that centers sound as its protagonist. Through their radio program, they give sound a new life, allowing it to branch out from just an annoyance , and letting noise serve as a fulfilling character without necessarily having to rely on words or music to understand it. Every Tuesday, Jose Luis Carles and Cristina Palmese present an hour-long compilation of sounds from all around the world. Some are longer than others, but all have the unifying quality that boils down to just being a compilation of everyday sounds. 

I really recommend listening to La Casa del Sonido, even if you don’t speak any spanish at all and cannot understand the introductions given by Jose Luis Carles and Cristina Palmese. The sounds and music that they share speak for themselves, and transcend languages. They will reopen your ears to the world that you live in.

0 comentarios:

Con la tecnología de Blogger.